Serves 8, 30 minutes Preparation
What could be more refreshing than a juicy Fruit Salad? Full to bursting with tasty fresh fruits which are highly good for you, with this Fruit Salad you’ll certainly get more than your 5 a day!
For the Fruit Salad:
- 100g Red and White Grapes, chopped
- 100g Blueberries
- 1 Pineapple, diced
- 2 large Oranges
- 3 Pears
- 2 Apples
- 100g Strawberries
- 2 Kiwis
- 1 large Mango, soft and ripe
- 100g Bananas, soft and ripe
- Sprig of fresh Mint
- 50ml Vodka (optional)
For the Syrup:
- 200ml Water
- 3 tbsps Caster Sugar
- Chop the Red and White Grapes, Blueberries and Strawberries into halves, slice the Orange and remove the peel, then chop the segments into pieces.
- Slice the Pears and Apples and peel and chunk the ripe Bananas.
- Cut the top and end off the Pineapple, slice the skin off down the sides and throw away, then cube the Pineapple into pieces.
- Peel the skin off the Kiwi fruit and Mango, and slice into chunks.
- Place all the fruit into a large glass bowl and set aside.
- To make the syrup, dissolve the Caster Sugar in the boiling water.
- Pour the mixture onto the fruit, then set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, chill then serve, garnished with a sprig of Mint.
- Add a dash of Vodka to liven it up for a fruity treat!