Serves 4, 5 minutes prep, 10 minutes cooking
Our succulent Lemon Turkey Fillets take under 15 minutes to cook from scratch and the simple citrus sauce keeps the fillets juicy and is delicious drizzled over the accompanying salad of vegetables you serve with the dish.
- 500g turkey breast fillets
- 2tbsp plain white flour
- 50g butter
- Grated zest and juice of 4 unwxed lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the turkey fillets into equal sized chunks then season lightly with salt and pepper before coating in flour. Remember to wash your hands after handling raw turkey.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter has melted and is lightly bubbling add the turkey filets to the pan and fry over a medium heat.
- Zest the lemons using a fine grater – be careful not to grate too deep into the white pith as this will give the dish a bitter taste. Add the zest to the pan with the turkey fillets then juice all the lemons before adding half of the juice to the pan.
- Turn the turkey breasts over and continue to cook for 5 minutes until they are golden brown. Add the rest of the lemon juice and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the turkey is cooked through.
- Serve immediately over a crisp, delicious salad or with some simple boiled potatoes and your favourite vegetables.