Serves 4, 5 minutes prep, 30-35 minutes cooking
Our Stir Fried Tuna Rice is a quick way of making a tasty meal using some simple store cupboard ingredients. This recipe is perfect for an easy week night dinner and is perfect for preparing for impromptu friends popping around for dinner.
- 200g can tuna, drained
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 350g rice of your choice (basmati or long grain rice work well)
- 200g frozen peas
- 2tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- pepper to season
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet then drain and set aside to cool – please allow more time for the recipe if you are using brown rice which takes longer than white rice to cook.
- Add the vegetable oil to a frying pan or wok if you have one then heat until hot before adding the thinly sliced spring onions and stir fry for 3 minutes until they are lightly browned and crispy.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and fry for a further 2 minutes before adding the drained tuna and the thawed peas then fry over a high heat for 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the soy sauce to the pan along with the cooked spring onions and pepper to taste if desired and stir fry for 1 minute. Serve straight away with extra soy sauce if you like.