Serves 2, 5 minutes preparation, 35 minutes cooking
Chicken and sweetcorn is a classic combination and they go together perfectly in this recipe to make a quick and tasty dinner any night of the week.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 250g frozen sweetcorn/250g tin of sweetcorn
- 20g grated Parmesan
- 150ml double cream
- 75ml white wine
- 75 – 100ml chicken stock
- 150g pasta of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and gently fry garlic and spring onions until softened but not browned.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked garlic and onions with the sweetcorn, Parmesan, double cream and white wine. Season well, and tip into a medium ovenproof dish and dot with butter.
- Season the chicken breasts strips and place on top of the sweetcorn along with the strips of bacon. Pour in the dry pasta and the chicken stock and stir everything to give it a good mix.
- Cook in the oven for 25 – 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the pasta is cooked.