- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 300g/10½oz beef shoulder steak, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10g/¾oz ginger, grated
- 100g/3½oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 100g/3½oz spring cabbage, sliced
- 50g/2oz red onion, sliced
- 50g/2oz bean sprouts
- 50g/2oz mangetout
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 lime, just the juice
- Pinch of salt
- soy sauce, to taste
- Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the beef to the pan and stir fry for 1 or 2 minutes until coloured on all sides. Add the garlic and ginger and stir it up. Now add the vegetables and stir for another minute or until the beef is cooked to your liking. Be careful not to overcook!
- As soon as the beef is cooked, add the five-spice powder, sesame seeds and lime juice, stir and remove from the heat.
- To serve, season with salt and/or soy sauce and divide among four plates.