Serves 4, 10 minutes Preparation, 25 minutes Cooking
Mix up your usual stir fry routine by cooking this Thai-inspired sweet and salty pork dish that goes perfectly with our delicious sticky Thai rice.
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 250g pork fillets, cut into finger-width strips
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- ½ red chilli, sliced
- Sticky Thai Rice, to serve
- Dry-fry the sesame seeds until toasted golden, then tip into a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok, add the pork and peppers and stir-fry for 5-6 mins over a high heat until the pork is lightly browned and cooked through. Mix the cornflour and soy sauce together in a bowl, then add the lime juice, honey, chilli and previously-toasted/dry fried sesame seeds, plus 6 tbsp cold water and mix well. Pour the mixture into the wok and cook until the sauce has slightly thickened, tossing the pan to coat the pork and peppers.
- Once the desired thickness has been achieved with the sauce, serve everything with our Sticky Thai Rice.