- 1 free-range egg
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic oil
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- juice ½ lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes or ¼ tsp pouring salt (use none if you add anchovies)
- 1 Romaine or Cos lettuce
- 150g/5¼oz cold leftover chicken, shredded
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- generous handful (aabout 50g/2oz) plain tortilla chips
- Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk while you add the oils, parmesan and lemon juice. Whisk in the salt if you don’t fancy anchovies.
- Break the crisp lettuce into bite-sized pieces and put into a salad bowl. Drop in the shredded cold chicken and mix to combine. Season with black pepper, to taste.
- Toast the tortilla chips for a couple of minutes in a dry pan over a medium heat.
- Give the dressing another whisk, pour it over the salad and toss to mix. Add the tortilla chips (and some anchovies, if you like) and toss again before eating.