Serves 2, 20mins Preparation, 10mins Cooking
Three minutes to cook, a lifetime to master - the poached egg makes a great breakfast.
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 2 free-range eggs
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a small pan just over one third full with cold water and bring it to the boil.
- Add the vinegar and turn down to simmer.
- Crack the eggs one at a time into a small bowl and gently tip into the simmering water.
- Lightly poach for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towels.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.